We invite everyone to showcase what they have accomplished with AutoBlogged and are happy to announce that it is time again for another autoblogging contest!
Contest Entry Form (subscribes you to the contest mailing list)
If you currently do not own a copy of AutoBlogged, you can request a free demo copy by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
What You Can Win
Free AutoBlogged Developer Edition License
Premium theme of choice from Press75.com
Premium theme of choice from GabfireThemes.com
Choice of TagPiG, CommentPiG, CSVPiG or Cloak PiG plugin from BlogPiG.com
How to Enter
- Create a web site that showcases interesting, unique, innovative, creative, or just out-of-the ordinary uses of AutoBlogged
- Explain what you did and how you did it in a tutorial article, screencast, video, or whatever medium you feel most comfortable with. Note that this contest is judging the tutorial, not the web site itself.
- Fill out this contest entry form.
- Promote your tutorial on Twitter and Facebook and link to it all you can.
- Contest ends July 15th, 2011; winners will be announced on August 1st, 2011
How To Win
What we are basically looking for are tutorials, articles or videos that make people say “wow, you can do some cool stuff with AutoBlogged!” You see, the whole point of this contest is to promote our product and we figured who could do this better than actual users? We are looking for original tips, informative how-to’s, creative ways to extract, aggregate and present content, unconventional monetizing techniques, or impressive success stories. If it is unique, fresh, clever, imaginative, or successful, we want to hear about it.
Here are some examples of things we are looking for:
- Brand, product, or reputation monitoring – Keep track of who is happy, who is complaining, who is having errors, who is reviewing, and who is tweeting about your product or brand
- Domain or web site monitoring – Using Google Alerts to monitor domain or site changes, or watch for any appearance of common spam words
- Personalized search agent – Watching for a special deal to show up on eBay, CraigsList, or a local classified site? Looking for a particular used car? Want to keep an eye out for interesting job openings? Build yourself a personal 24/7 search agent.
- Company blog and microblogging aggregator – Bring all your organization’s blogs, tweets, and other posts together in one location.
- Project feeds monitoring dashboard – Working on a software project? Collect your BaseCamp, SVN, Trac, and other feeds to a central location.
- Cool things to do with post templates – Insert site thumbnails using an external thumbnail service, extract content from the original post using regular expressions, insert target site stats, etc.
- Build a cool AutoBlogged addon – Filter out articles from sites with low PageRank, create a new post template variable, create an article spinner, etc.
- Automatic updating flash gaming site – A gaming site is no good without the latest games so use AutoBlogged to keep it up-to-date.
- Building a personal torrent feed – Programs like uTorrent will automatically download feeds, but most torrent RSS feeds link to the original site. Using our regex feature you can extract the torrent URL and put it into your own custom feed.
Having trouble finding the right idea for you or want more info on those we just mentioned? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I have a huge backlog of tutorials I have not gotten around to witing. Just keep in mind we are definitely not looking for basic tutorials on how to use AutoBlogged or how to make ten thousand dollars a day autoblogging. We want to see specific, realistic, and original ways to use AutoBlogged’s features.
Remember that it is the tutorial we are judging, not the site itself. You don’t need a working web site or even a valid license to enter this contest. The winner will be judged based on the following:
- Creativity and originality of ideas (65%)
- Creativity and quality of presentation (25%)
- Popularity or usefulness based on search engine ranking, backlinks, positive ratings, up votes, number of comments, tweets, or other indicators (10%)
1. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win.
2. The entry can be any instructional medium including an article, video, screencast, audio podcast, slide show, or interactive web content as long as it can be found via common search engines.
3. You can enter as many times as you wish, each tutorial will be judged separately
4. All written content must be at least 600 words and other media should last at least 2 minutes.
5. We reserve the right to refuse an entry if the entry itself is obscene, defamatory, or in poor taste, although we will not automatically eliminate entries that covers topics that fall into these categories if the tutorials themselves are in good taste.
6. You are not officially entered until you have entered a contest entry form and received confirmation from us that we have received your link.
7. Employees and immediate families of AutoBlogged.com, contest sponsors, or any affiliate companies, or contest judges may not participate.
8. You must be at least 18 years old or have reached the age of majority in your country/state of citizenship, whichever is older, to participate in this contest. Entries received from individuals under the age of majority will not be judged.
9. You must not use copyrighted material without permission. Your site must respect the copyright of others, attribute and link to all sources, and take in to consideration fair use doctrine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use) by using only a small excerpt of content unless given permission to do otherwise. AutoBlogged.com is not liable for any copyright infringement on the part of the entrant.
10. The winners of the contest will be decided based on a weighted score of the creativity and originality of ideas (65%), quality of presentation (25%), and popularity (10%).
11. AutoBlogged.com reserves the right to deny any entries deemed to be abusive, harmful, harassing, pornographic or in other ways unsuitable for display at www.autoblogged.com. We reserve the right to use our discretion on this point.
12. AutoBlogged.com reserves the rights to, if necessary, modify the rules and/or proceedings of the contest, in order to address unforeseen cheating, fraud, etc.
13. By submitting an entry to this contest, the contestant grants AutoBlogged.com and its affiliate companies the rights to freely publish screen captures of submitted sites in printed or online media in relation to the contest, without remuneration and the contestant hereby irrevocably grants to AutoBlogged.com all right, title and interest in and to such creation of screen captures.
14. Entries not complying with the contest rules are subject to disqualification without prior warning.
15. Contest is void where prohibited.